Relying on traditional marketing methods can provide a solid base for gaining loyal customers, but creative marketing ideas will help you target customers not currently in your sales funnel.
To that end, we have gathered innovative, out-of-the-box marketing ideas that can significantly boost your lead-generation efforts.
- 18 ideas to populate your funnels with fresh leads
- Tips and considerations for implementing each idea
- Deine nächsten Schritte
1. Interactive Content
Interactive content, such as quizzes, surveys, and personality tests, can significantly increase engagement and provide valuable customer insights.
Tips And Considerations For Creating Interactive Content:
- Align With Your Brand And Goals: Ensure your interactive content aligns with your brand identity and marketing goals. Whether lead generation, customer engagement, or brand awareness, your content should be designed to support your objectives.
- Provide Value: Your interactive content should provide value to the user. Users should gain something from their interaction. It could be a tool that solves a problem, a quiz that entertains, or an interactive infographic that educates.
- Ensure Accessibility: Your interactive content should be easy to use and accessible on all devices. Responsive design is crucial because a significant portion of web traffic comes from mobile devices.
- Include Clear CTAs: There should be calls to action (CTAs) in your interactive content. This could involve signing up for a newsletter, sharing results on social media, or visiting a specific webpage.
- Use User Data Wisely: Interactive content is a fantastic way to gather data about your users. Ensure you are prepared to collect, store, and analyze this data in a manner that complies with privacy laws.
Adding game-like elements to your marketing efforts has been proven to encourage user engagement and generate leads. Consider launching contests and rewards programs to attract and reward customers.
To redeem their “Indulgence” prizes, players needed to provide their contact information. Chocolat Frey also saw a 60% increase in their social media following, providing more leads for future marketing campaigns.
Marketing gamification is an excellent way to garner customer data first-hand. First-party data is increasingly becoming the way of the future. High-growth brands are taking the lead in moving to a first-party data environment as Google’s warnings of cookie deprecation looms.
Tips And Considerations For Leveraging Gamification:
- Establish Clear Objectives: Identify what you hope to achieve with gamification, whether it is increasing user engagement, boosting sales, or generating more leads.
- Ensure Relevance: Your game should be relevant to your brand and appealing to your target audience. Irrelevant games can confuse users and dilute your brand message.
- Focus On Fun: While your ultimate goal may be marketing-related, the game itself should be entertaining to achieve better user engagement.
- Offer Rewards: Offering tangible rewards can motivate users to participate. This could be discounts, exclusive content, or loyalty points.
- Simplicity Is Key: The game should be easy to understand and play. Complex games might turn users away.
- Mobile Compatibility: Ensure your game is compatible with mobile devices. Many users will likely access your game on their smartphones or tablets.
- Promote Your Game: Use your existing marketing channels to promote the game. This could include social media, email newsletters, and your website.
- Track And Adjust: Monitor user interaction with the game and adjust based on feedback and performance. This will help you optimize your game for better results.
3. Host Webinars Or Live Q&As
People love learning directly from experts. Host online events, such as webinars and Q&A sessions, on timely topics related to your business.
Check out one of the webinars that Brame hosted in collaboration with Swisslos lottery below.
This establishes you as an authority and enables you to collect contact details for future marketing efforts.
Tips And Considerations For Hosting Webinars Or Live Q&As:
- Choose Relevant Topics: Your webinar or Q&A’s subject should be relevant to your audience and provide value. Identify the problems or interests your potential leads have and address them.
- Select The Right Platform: Many platforms are available for hosting webinars, such as Zoom, GoToWebinar, or YouTube Live. Choose one that fits your needs and your audience’s preferences.
- Promote In Advance: Use your email list, social media, and even partnerships with other companies to spread the word.
- Prepare And Practice: Ensure you are well-prepared to deliver a smooth and informative session. If it is a Q&A session, be prepared to answer potential questions in advance.
- Interactivity: Encourage interaction during your session. This can include polls, questions, or even breakout rooms for smaller group discussions.
- Follow Up: Follow up with participants once the webinar or Q&A is over. Send them a thank-you card, the webinar recording, or additional resources. This not only provides added value but also opens the door for further communication.
- Convert It Into Other Content: You can repurpose your webinar content into blog posts, infographics, or social media posts.
4. VR And AR Experiences
Outpace your competitors by offering VR or AR experiences to showcase your products or services. These cutting-edge technologies provide immersive experiences that can drive high engagement rates.
Tips And Considerations For Implementing AR/VR:
- Define Your Goal: Before implementing AR or VR, clearly define your goal. This could be increasing product awareness, providing a unique product experience, or offering virtual training.
- Know Your Audience: Ensure your audience is comfortable with using this technology. While younger demographics may be more tech-savvy, older demographics might require more guidance.
- Invest In Quality: High-quality VR and AR experiences require a significant investment. Ensure you have the budget to create a seamless and engaging experience.
- Ensure Accessibility: While VR often requires specific headsets, AR can be accessed using smartphones, making it more widely accessible. Consider which technology would best suit your audience.
- Partner With Experts: If you are new to VR or AR, consider partnering with an expert or agency specializing in creating immersive experiences. This can help ensure a successful and efficient project.
5. Partner With Influencers In Your Niche
Influencer marketing is an underutilized tactic that can expose your brand to a new audience. Ensure the influencers you choose are aligned with your brand and target audience.
Tips And Considerations For Influencer Marketing:
- Identify The Right Influencer: Not every influencer will be a good fit for your brand. Look for influencers who align with your brand values, have a follower demographic that matches your target audience, and boast an engaged following.
- Collaborate On Content Creation: Work collaboratively with the influencer to create content. They know their audience best and can guide you on the content type and tone that will resonate well.
- Monitor And Measure Results: Use tracking links, promo codes, and social media analytics to measure the campaign’s success. This will help you understand the ROI and adjust future campaigns accordingly.
- Authenticity Is Key: Audiences appreciate authenticity. Ensure your chosen influencer genuinely likes your product or service and their promotion is not overly sales-driven.
- Legal Considerations: Make sure all collaborations follow FTC guidelines. The influencer should disclose the partnership to maintain transparency with their audience.
6. Community Building On Social Media
Create a niche community on social media platforms. Engage with your followers, answer their queries promptly, and share valuable content regularly. It is not only about marketing your products; it is about building relationships.
Tips And Considerations For Building A Social Media Community:
- Choose The Right Platform: Not all social media platforms cater to the same demographics. Research where your target audience is most active and focus your efforts there.
- Create Valuable Content: Provide content that informs, entertains, or inspires your audience. This will keep them engaged and foster a sense of community.
- Engage With Your Audience: Reply to comments, answer questions, and engage in conversations. This direct interaction helps build relationships and shows your audience that you value their input.
- Konsistentes Branding: Maintain a consistent brand voice and aesthetic across all your social media channels. This enhances brand recognition and trust.
- Community Guidelines: Establish and enforce clear community guidelines to maintain a positive and respectful environment.
- Use Social Listening Tools: These tools can provide valuable insights and help you swiftly respond to negative feedback.
- Offer Exclusive Perks: Provide exclusive discounts, early access to new products, or other perks to your social media community. This will make them feel valued and encourage more people to join.
7. Podcast Marketing
Start a podcast or collaborate with established podcasters in your industry. Podcasts are growing in popularity and can be a great lead-generation source.
Tips And Considerations For Venturing Into Podcast Marketing:
- Understand Your Audience: Know your target audience, what topics they are interested in, and which podcasts they are likely to listen to. This can inform your podcast content and marketing initiatives.
- Quality Matters: Invest in good-quality recording equipment. Poor audio quality can deter listeners and reflect negatively on your brand.
- Valuable Content: Your podcast should provide value to your audience, whether educational, inspirational, or entertaining. Remember, the goal is to build a loyal listenership that keeps returning for more.
- Consistency Is Key: Regularly releasing episodes can help build and maintain a dedicated audience. Decide on a publishing schedule and stick to it.
- Leverage Existing Platforms: Distribute your podcast on popular platforms like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts to reach a wider audience.
- Promote Your Podcast: Use your existing marketing channels, such as social media, email newsletters, and website, to promote your podcast.
- Guest Appearances: Inviting influential guests from your industry can boost your podcast’s reach and credibility. Additionally, guesting on other podcasts can help you reach new audiences.
- Monitor Performance: Track your podcast’s performance using analytics from podcast platforms. This can provide insights to help you refine your content and marketing strategies.
8. Chatbot Marketing
Implement AI-powered chatbots on your website or social media platforms. They can engage users, provide instant support, and gather contact information for future marketing efforts.
Tips And Considerations For Chatbot Marketing:
- Choose Your Chatbot Software: There are numerous chatbot platforms available, including Drift, HubSpot, and Intercom. Choose a platform that fits your needs and technological capabilities.
- Ensure Your Bot Is User-Friendly: Your chatbot should be easy to use and communicate clearly. It should guide the user through the conversation smoothly and efficiently.
- Personalize Conversations: Personalization can significantly improve user experience. Use the data you have about potential buyers to personalize chatbot interactions.
- Design A Conversational Flow: Plan the potential pathways of a conversation in advance. This will help ensure the chatbot can handle various interactions and provide appropriate responses automatically.
- Use Natural Language Processing (NLP): Chatbots equipped with NLP can better understand and respond to user inputs. This leads to a more natural and engaging user experience.
- Monitor And Adjust: Monitor your chatbot’s performance and make necessary adjustments to improve user interaction.
- Inform Users They Are Interacting With A Bot: Maintaining transparency and letting users know they interact with a bot is crucial. This can prevent confusion and maintain trust.
9. Content Upgrades
Content marketing materials provide immediate value to your website visitors. In exchange for visitors’ contact information, you can offer valuable content upgrades, such as eBooks, guides, and checklists.
Tips And Considerations For Offering Content Upgrades:
- Align With Your Content: The content upgrade should be directly related to the content of your post. For example, if a visitor reads a blog post about customer loyalty programs, a relevant content upgrade could be a loyalty program checklist or a customizable template.
- Provide Quality Content: Your content upgrade should provide real, substantial value to the user. This could be in-depth information such as a white paper, practical tools, or exclusive content.
- Promote Your Upgrade: Ensure your visitors know your content upgrade. This could be through a CTA in your blog post, exit-intent pop-ups, or a sidebar ad.
- Easy To Access: Accessing the piece of content should be a user-friendly process. Make sure your form is simple and straightforward, asking for the lead’s name, surname, company affiliation, and email address.
- Promote Across Different Channels: You do not have to limit your content upgrades to your blog. Promote them in social media, display advertising, newsletters, guest posts, and email marketing campaigns.
- Test And Optimize: Test different types of content upgrades to see what works best for your audience. Use analytics to refine your strategy and optimize conversions.
- Ensure Legal Compliance: When collecting contact information, comply with data protection laws such as GDPR. Always ask for consent before sending further communications.
10. Personalized Video Messages
Send personalized video messages to prospective clients. This video marketing strategy stands out in an inbox full of text-based communication and can create a stronger personal connection.
Tips And Considerations For Sending Personalized Video Messages:
- Keep It Short And Engaging: Your videos should be concise and engaging. Aim to grab the viewer’s attention within the first few seconds.
- Use High-Quality Equipment: Good-quality audio and video are critical for creating a professional impression. Invest in a decent camera and microphone to ensure your videos look and sound their best.
- Be Authentic: Personalized videos should feel genuine. Let your personality shine through, and avoid overly sales-oriented jargon. You can also send instructional videos to onboard new customers to your product.
- Include A CTA: Whether visiting your website, signing up for a newsletter, or sharing the video, always include a clear call to action.
- Leverage User Data: Personalize the video by using data such as name, purchase history, or browsing behavior. This can make the video more relevant and engaging to the viewer.
- Integrate With Your CRM: Tools like Vidyard and Wistia allow you to integrate videos with your customer relationship management (CRM) platform, making sending and tracking personalized videos easy.
Utilize geo-fencing techniques to target potential leads in specific locations. This is one of many retail marketing strategies particularly effective for brick-and-mortar shops looking to attract local customers.
Geo-fencing is a location-based digital marketing strategy that lets businesses send targeted messages to mobile users within a defined geographic area. This technique can be extremely effective for local businesses wanting to attract nearby customers.
Tips And Considerations For Using Geo-Fencing:
- Define Your Target Area: Be clear about the geographic area you want to target. This could be around your business, a competitor’s location, or an event.
- Create Relevant Offers: The messages or offers you send should be relevant to the targeted area.
- Respect Privacy: Ensure you comply with all data privacy laws and regulations. Always ask for users’ consent before collecting location data.
- Use A Reliable Geo-Fencing Tool: Tools like Radar, Bluedot, and GeoFli can help you implement a geo-fencing strategy. Choose a tool that suits your needs and budget.
- Time Your Messages Appropriately: Timing is crucial in geo-fencing. Sending your messages at the right time can significantly increase their effectiveness.
- Integrate With Other Marketing Efforts: Geo-fencing can be most effective in a broader, multi-channel marketing strategy.
12. Voice Search Optimization
Optimize your content for voice search. As smart devices become increasingly popular, voice search optimization can give you an edge over competitors.
Tips And Considerations When Optimizing For Voice Search:
- Focus On Long-Tail Keywords: Voice searches are typically longer and more conversational than text searches. Use long-tail keywords that reflect how people naturally speak.
- Answer Questions: Many voice searches are phrased as questions. Create content that provides clear and concise answers to common questions in your industry.
- Optimize For Local Search: Many voice searches are local in nature, like “Where is the nearest pizza place?” Ensure your business’s name, address, and phone number are accurately listed on your website and online directories.
- Improve Website Speed: Voice search devices often favor faster websites. Improve your website’s loading time to increase its chances of being chosen for a voice search result.
- Use Schema Markup: Schema markup can help search engines understand your content and increase the chances of your website being chosen for a voice search result.
- Create A Google My Business Listing: A Google My Business listing can help your business appear in local voice searches.
- Optimize For Featured Snippets: Google often uses featured snippets for voice search results. Optimize your content to appear in featured snippets for relevant queries.
13. Mail With A Twist
Consider ramping up your email marketing strategy, such as sending direct mail with QR codes or unique URLs. This merges the physical and digital worlds and can provide a memorable experience for potential leads.
Tips And Considerations For Effective Direct Marketing:
- Personalize Your Mail: In data-driven marketing, personalization is key. Personalizing your email campaigns can significantly increase conversion rates. Use customer data to tailor your message and offer.
- Include A Dynamic CTA: Encourage recipients to engage with your brand digitally. This could be visiting your website, scanning a QR code, or connecting on social media.
- Make It Tangible: The physicality of direct mail can also be advantageous. Consider including something tangible like a product sample, sticker, or magnet.
- Track Your Results: Use unique URLs or QR codes to track the response to your mail. This can help you measure its effectiveness and refine your strategy.
- Quality Over Quantity: Focus on sending high-quality, targeted mail to a select group of potential customers rather than mass-mailing a generic message.
- Consider The Design: Your email design can significantly impact its effectiveness. Use professional, eye-catching design to attract attention.
- Coordinate With Digital Campaigns: Your direct mail campaign should be coordinated with your digital marketing campaigns to create a cohesive brand experience and improve overall results.
14. Implement Retargeting Campaigns
Capture the attention of visitors who did not convert on their first visit using retargeting campaigns. This technique keeps your brand in potential customers’ minds and increases their chances of returning.
Tips And Considerations For Retargeting Campaigns:
- Segment Your Audience: Not all visitors to your site are the same. Segment your audience based on their behavior on your site (visited a specific page, added an item to the cart, etc.) and tailor your ads accordingly.
- Frequency Capping: Limit the number of times your ads are shown to the same person daily to avoid ad fatigue and potential negative sentiment towards your brand.
- Tailor Ad Creative To The Buying Stage: Customize your ads based on where the potential customer is in the buying journey. Someone who abandoned their cart might need a different message than someone who recently browsed your product pages.
- Use Cross-Device Retargeting: People often switch between devices, so make sure your retargeting campaigns reach them on their desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
15. Shoppable Social Media Posts
Take advantage of shoppable posts on social platforms like Instagram and Pinterest. This allows potential customers to purchase directly from a post, improving their shopping experience and potentially increasing conversions.
Tips And Considerations For Creating Shoppable Social Media Posts:
- Use High-Quality Visuals: Quality images or videos are essential for attracting users to your products. Make sure your products look appealing and are visible in the post.
- Select The Right Platform: Different social media marketing platforms have different potential audiences. Use shoppable posts on platforms where your target audience spends their time.
- Simplify The Shopping Experience: Purchasing a product from a shoppable post should be as straightforward as possible. The fewer steps, the better.
- Integrate With Your Ecommerce Platform: Many social media platforms offer integrations with popular ecommerce platforms. Use these to make setting up and managing your shoppable posts easier.
- Tag Multiple Products: If your post features multiple products, tag them all. This gives users more options and can increase your chances of making a sale. You can also add a link in bio on Instagram that directs customers to a page where they can shop all the available products, or a particular outfit worn by a model on a fashion page.
- Promote Your Shoppable Posts: Use your other marketing channels to promote and drive traffic to your shoppable posts.
- Offer Interactivity: Engage your social audience with interactive posts that provide value and increase their chances of making a purchase.
16. User-Generated Content (UGC) Campaigns
Encourage your customers to share their experiences with your product or service. Von Nutzern erstellte Inhalte (User Generated Content, UGC) is an excellent form of word-of-mouth marketing, providing social proof that can significantly enhance your brand’s online presence and attract more leads.
Tips And Considerations For Generating UGC Campaigns:
- Encourage UGC: Host contests, provide incentives, or simply ask your current customers to share their content. Make sure you communicate how they can share their content with you.
- Set Clear Guidelines: Let your customers know what kind of content you’re looking for. This could be as simple as asking them to share customer reviews with photos of them using your product, or it could involve more specific instructions.
- Leverage Hashtags: Create a unique, branded hashtag for your UGC campaign. This will make it easy for you to find the content that has been shared, and it can also encourage more people to participate. Make sure your hashtag is associated with your social media handle.
- Obtain Permission: Always ask for permission before using someone else’s content in your marketing. This can usually be done simply by commenting on their post and asking for permission.
- Monitor And Moderate: Keep an eye on the shared UGC to ensure it aligns with your brand values and guidelines.
- Measure The Impact: Use social listening tools and analytics to understand the impact of your UGC campaigns. Track engagement, reach, conversions, and any other metrics that are relevant to your goals.
17. LinkedIn Slides
Well-crafted presentations can position you as an industry expert and attract potential leads. You can use LinkedIn to share insights, promote events, showcase your products, highlight case studies, and share opinions.
Many thought leaders and social media marketers are utilizing LinkedIn’s new Carousel post format. The platform’s algorithm is known to favor visual, interactive posts, and the Carousel format engages users for longer.
You can also use SlideShare, a standalone public platform for hosting and sharing potential buyer presentations and other slide decks.
Tips And Considerations For Using LinkedIn For Presentations:
- Design Matters: A visually appealing presentation can engage viewers and make your content stand out. Make sure your slides are clean, clear, and visually compelling.
- Quality Over Quantity: Ensure your content provides value to your target audience. This could be in the form of insights, actionable tips, or thought leadership on relevant topics.
- Include A CTA: At the end of your presentation, include a call to action directing viewers to your website, a specific product, or another form of engagement.
- Search Engine Optimization: Like other forms of content, SlideShare presentations can be optimized for SEO. Include relevant keywords in your title, description, and content.
- Leverage Existing Content: Repurpose your existing blog posts, webinars, or whitepapers into shareable presentations. This can help you leverage your attendees’ networks and reach a new audience with your content.
- Integrate Multimedia: Carousel posts and SlideShare presentations support multimedia elements like videos and infographics. These can make your presentations more engaging and dynamic.
18. Collaborative Giveaways
Collaborate with other businesses for a giveaway. This expands your reach to a new audience and can significantly increase brand awareness and lead generation.
Tips And Considerations For Creating Collaborative Giveaways:
- Ensure Partner Synergy: Partner with brands that complement yours and share a similar target audience. This ensures that the leads you generate are relevant and potentially interested in your offerings.
- Set Clear Rules: Define and communicate the entry conditions, the giveaway duration, and how the winner will be chosen and announced.
- Promote Across Platforms: Utilize all your digital platforms, including your website, email newsletters, and all social media channels, to promote the giveaway.
- Offer A Relevant Prize: The giveaway prize should be attractive to your target audience and relevant to your brand. The aim is to attract leads who are genuinely interested in your brand, not just the “freebies.”
- Measure The Success: Use analytics to measure the impact of the giveaway on your brand visibility, follower growth, engagement, and lead generation. With Brame, you can monitor your campaigns on one dashboard.
- Follow Up With Participants: After the giveaway, send a thank you message to participants, ideally with an exclusive offer or discount. This can turn participants into happy customers and ensure they feel valued.
Deine nächsten Schritte
By implementing some of these out-of-the-box marketing ideas, you can differentiate your business, reach a wider audience, and generate more leads.
These creative marketing ideas provide opportunities to showcase your brand’s creativity and industry leadership to build genuine relationships with your ideal customers.
Marketing practices continually evolve, and these strategies can help you stay ahead of the curve. But, there is no cookie-cutter approach to take. It is crucial to align these strategies with your brand, audience, marketing budget, and business goals.
Brame ist eine marketing gamification platform that you can use to connect with potential customers and generate leads. You can integrate it with your CRM and other software in your Marketing Technology (MarTech) stack.